5 c white distilled vinegar
5 c water
1/2 c pickling salt
4 lbs fresh green beans
4 tsp mustard seed
4 tsp coriander seeds
8 dill heads
8 tsp fresh dill
8 large garlic cloves
4 tsp red pepper flakes
8 fresh grape leaves
1. Soak fresh grape leaves in cool water for 8 hrs or overnight. Drain.
2. Prepare green beans. Wash and trim to stand upright in pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch space at the top.
3. Sterilize 8 pint jars and lids; wide mouth jars work best for this application.
4. Put 1/2 tsp mustard seed, 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, 1 dill head, 1 tsp fresh dill, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and 1 garlic clove in each jar.
5. Pack about a 1/2 lb of prepared green beans, standing on end into each pint jar.
6. In a non-reactive pot combine vinegar, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour boiling liquid over beans, leaving 1/2 inch head room and cover the top with a grape leaf. Wipe down jar rims and add lids. Process 7 minutes in boiling water bath.